How do you restart a generator?
Next: Turning On Your Generator
- Turn fuel valve on. Flip the fuel valve on.
- Turn choke on. Move the choke rod from right to left.
- Turn ignition (or engine switch) on. Many generators require you to flip the switch to turn the engine on.
- Pull recoil cord.
- After the engine starts, move engine choke to “run”
How do you troubleshoot a gas generator?
Portable Generator Troubleshooting Checklist
- Check the fuel. There’s always a chance that you may be getting a false fuel level indication when the fuel tank is actually empty.
- Check the Spark Plug. Find out, are there signs of wear and tear in the spark plug?
- Check the Air Filter.
- Check the Battery.
- Check the Oil Level.
What does it mean when your generator won’t start?
You should see a strong spark between the tester’s terminals when the engine is cranking. If there is no spark, this indicates that the spark plug is defective and should be replaced. The carburetor might be clogged. A clogged carburetor is most commonly caused by leaving fuel in the generator for a long period of time.
What to do if your Briggs Stratton generator wont start?
If the porcelain insulator is cracked, an electrode is burned away or damaged, or there is heavy carbon buildup at the electrode, replace the spark plug. To determine if the spark plug is defective, use a spark plug tester.
Why does my Troy Bilt generator not start?
The ignition coil sends voltage to the spark plug while the engine is running. If the ignition coil is defective, the engine may not start. Before replacing the ignition coil, ensure that the spark plug is working properly. If you have confirmed that the spark plug is working properly, test the ignition coil with an ignition coil tester.
What does it mean when your lawn mower wont start?
You should see a strong spark between the tester’s terminals when the engine is cranking. If there is no spark, this indicates that the spark plug is defective and should be replaced.