How do you add acid to golf cart batteries?
- Step 1: Tip the battery on its edge: Allow approximately half the battery acid to run out of each cell and into a plastic container.
- Step 2: Mix 8 ounces of Epsom salts into 2 quarts of warm distilled water: Stir thoroughly.
- Step 3: Put the battery or batteries on a charger.
How often should you add water to golf cart batteries?
After charging your battery is when you want to add water. Adding water after charging prevents acid from spilling over. You’ll want to add water to 1/2 inch from the top of the battery. 2) We recommend service once or twice a year.
How much distilled water do I put in my battery?
General Watering Instructions:
- Add water, never acid, to cells (distilled water recommended)
- DO NOT OVERWATER.
- For fully charged standard deep-cycle batteries, add water to the level of 1/8 below bottom of vent well (see diagram A below)
What should I Fill my golf cart battery with?
3) Fill all golf cart battery cells ONLY AFTER charging, and do not over fill. Fill battery cells (aka water fill holes) with distilled water (not tap water) ¼ to ½ inch above the plates.
What should water level be on golf cart batteries?
To check the golf cart battery water level, you should know what the right water level is. This can help you avoid underwatering or overwatering the batteries, both of which can cause damage to them as mentioned above. The general suggestion is to ensure that the water is above the battery plates by only a quarter to half an inch.
When did lithium ion golf cart batteries come out?
Lithium golf cart batteries have been changing the golf cart industry (for the better) since 2017. Club Car (as well as EZGO and Yamaha) are now offering their carts from the factory with this battery technology.
How often should you refill a golf cart battery?
If you use your golf cart only over the weekends, you may need to refill water only once every month. Ideally, you should check the water levels at least once in a month to avoid causing damage to them. One of the biggest problems faced by golf cart batteries is that the water in it tends to boil. This can be due to several reasons as given below.