How do you fix anti-theft system?
Method 1: Check your key and cylinder
- Step 1: Check your key fob battery.
- Step 2: Check your door lock cylinder.
- Step 3: Check that you are using the proper key to start your car.
- Step 1: Check for the anti-theft light.
- Step 2: Turn the ignition to the “on” position.
- Step 3: Check the anti-theft light again.
How do you reset the security on a 98 Chevy?
If you have the original key, you can reset the passlock easily.
- Insert your registered key into the ignition. Try to start your Chevy truck.
- Turn the key back to the “Run” position. The security light will start to flash off and on.
- Turn your key clockwise to crank the ignition.
How do you reset the security on a 1999 Chevy Suburban?
1) Insure the ignition key is in the “ON” position. 2) Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the “CRANK” position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the “RUN” position (Do NOT key “OFF” in the process). 3) Wait 10 minutes. 4) Observe the “SECURITY” indicator.
What to do if your anti theft system is not working?
If your car’s anti-theft system isn’t working correctly, you’ll need to find a way to shut the system off so your car will return to normal operation. Step 1: Check your key fob battery. A car’s anti-theft system may activate if your key fob battery is dead and hasn’t disabled the system.
How to disable the anti theft device in your car?
Hold the key in this position for 20 to 30 seconds. This lets the system know you have the correct key, and it can allow you to bypass the alarm system. Some vehicles recognize the key simply by turning the key back and forth in the door lock key cylinder. Tip: Try turning the key both ways fully to disable the anti-theft system.
Why does my car anti theft system activate?
A car’s anti-theft system may activate if your key fob battery is dead and hasn’t disabled the system. Make sure the battery is installed correctly in your key fob. If the battery is correctly installed, replace it with a fresh battery and try again.
Is the anti-theft system in your car a nuisance?
An anti-theft system that prevents your car from running properly is a nuisance, and while you may be thankful for it in the event of a crime, it is now causing you a great deal of inconvenience, which these steps have hopefully helped you resolve.