How do I tell what year my KX 250 is?
How to Find Out What Year a KX 250 Is
- Find the VIN on your KX 250. The VIN (vehicle identification number) is stamped on a plate on the steering tube leading up to the handlebars.
- Count out the 10th digit and write it down. The 10th digit signifies the year model of the KX 250.
How do you read a VIN number on a Kawasaki?
How to Determine Year by the VIN on a Kawasaki
- Locate the VIN number on the side of the steering head or on the Safety Certification Label, which is usually on or near the steering head.
- Count the digits until you reach the 10th one. This is the year designator.
How do you tell what year a KX dirt bike is?
How to Tell the Year a Kawasaki KX Was Made
- Locate the VIN, which can be found on the steering head, below the handlebars. Write down the VIN on a piece of paper.
- Find the 10th character, which designates the model year.
Where is the VIN number on a Kawasaki dirt bike?
Where is the VIN located on my Kawasaki motorcycle, ATV, or MULE®? Certification Label affixed to, or near, the side of the steering head. On ATV’s it is stamped on the lower frame tube, to the left of the engine.
How do I know what model my Kawasaki is?
Find your model and year for your Kawasaki motorcycle or ATV by the code in your VIN Number. As from 1981 all Kawasaki Motorcycles, Kawasaki Off-road / MX bikes and Kawasaki Quad / ATV have standarized 17- character Vehicle Identification Number ( VIN Number ).
How do you decode a Kawasaki engine number?
The model number and serial number label is located on your Kawasaki Engine. The CODE number above the barcode is made of the model and the spec number. The first number refers to the model number and the second number refers to the spec number. The E/NO number under the barcode refers to the serial number.
How to decode the VIN number of a Kawasaki?
Kawasaki VIN Decoder. 1 The type of the engine and the type of the fuel; 2 The model year of the bike, it’s not the year of the manufacture (the difference can be one year); 3 The style of the bike, its colour and materials used; 4 The secret check digit (prevents any data loss about the code).
What are the model numbers for a Kawasaki KX250?
The L Model 125/250’s are 1999 – 2002, and so on. For my 1994 KX250 the complete model name is: KX250 – K1. The K referring to the model series and the 1 referring to 1994, the first year of the model series. If it was a 1997 KX250 it would be a KX250 – K4.
What is the cylinder number on a Kawasaki KX125?
2004 KX125 cylinder number 0013. Actual part number is 11005-0013 If, for some reason, you still cannot determine the year/model of your bike, you can hunt for parts with 4 digit numbers cast into them then look up the REFERENCE NUMBER, add the 4 digit number you found and Google the 9 digit number for the year/models the part was used.
How many digits are in a Kawasaki cylinder?
Kawasaki made porting or cylinder design changes pretty much on an annual basis. There is (usually) a 4 digit number cast into the cylinder which represents the cylinder PART NUMBER. Kawasaki part number consist of TWO SEPERATE SETS OF NUMBERS.