How do you reset the ECM on a Dodge Ram?
To reset the computer in your RAM 1500, take the following steps:
- Identify your battery’s negative cable.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Wait 20 minutes so that all systems have shut down.
- Reconnect the negative cable.
How do you reset the computer on a 2005 Dodge Ram?
- With the key out of the ignition.
- Disconnect the Negative battery Cable.
- Put the key in the ignition and turn it as if you where trying to the START it.
- Release the key and leave it in the “ON” position and let it sit for 10- 15 min.
- Remove key from the ignition.
How do you reset the ECM on a 2004 Dodge Durango?
How to Reset the PCM on a Dodge Durango
- Open the hood of the Durango.
- Locate the battery and remove the black-wired negative terminal from the battery.
- Turn the ignition key to the “on/crank” position for 30 seconds, then replace the ignition key to the “off” position.
How reliable are Dodge Calibers?
The Dodge Caliber Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5. It ranks 19th out of 32 for all car brands.
How do you reset the PCM on a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500?
Remove positive cable from battery, ground positive cable to negative terminal for at least 30 seconds (I usually do a full minute). Reconnect positive terminal. Get in truck and turn key to ON, do not start yet. Watch gauges do their dance until they stop, then start the truck, PCM is fully reset.
How do you reset the TCM on a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500?
Pull the fuse or unhook both terminals that go to the battery and hold them together for 10sec. That will reset everything.
Where is the PCM located on a 2005 Dodge Durango?
Dodge Durango – The PCM in your Dodge Durango is located on the right (passenger side) of the engine compartment, outside of the engine firewall.